3.09.2010

The "Plan"

I was going to write about all of this last night, but by the time I actually had a minute to sit down and relax, I was too tired to think.  Why so tired?  I'm making a change... a good one!  Lately I have gotten very lazy in regards to myself - I eat like crap, I eat too much, and I don't get hardly any exercise.  Now maybe I could have gotten away with this when I was younger, but 27 year old me is not so good at dealing with all this mistreatment.  And you can tell.  I feel crappy, I'm always tired (even when I DO get good sleep), I get sick often, and I've gained a little weight.  So I decided it was time to stop all this nonsense and get myself back into the habit of taking care of myself.   Easier said than done.  You're talking to a girl who has never really had to work out and who could eat pretty much anything she wanted and still look good. 

So in order to get myself off in the right direction, I have started a meal and exercise plan.  I found it online through the Women's Health magazine website, and it includes three weeks of meal plans, as well as an ab focused workout plan (because that is my biggest problem area).  Yesterday was my first day, and overall I think it went well.  I followed my meal plan and didn't cheat at all, and even did a good job with the workout.  I completed the cardio portion (treadmill walking at 4% incline for 27 minutes - including warm up), and did most of the ab exercises.  I couldn't do the exercises quite right b/c I don't have a fitness ball yet.  However, with a little help (and motivation) from the hubby (who works out all the time and knows a lot from his years of basketball), I did most of them, just slightly modified due to the missing ball. 

Right now I am still optimistic.  The only really challenging part so far is the beverages.  I am used to my caffeinated beverages in the morning and I struggled yesterday and today without them.  Today I also had a little trouble with the smoothie I was supposed to drink for my AM snack.  It was a creamy lemon smoothie, but I couldn't get it down because of the taste.  (Note to self: I do NOT like smoothies made with ricotta.)  Since I couldn't eat that, I stayed healthy and drank an orange juice so that my metabolism wouldn't stop.  Today is also an off day for the work out, but since I'm starting from nothing with that, I may go walk a bit on the treadmill tonight.

Hopefully all goes well with this.  I need a positive, healthy change right now - especially in time for spring!  On that note, I will end with my  things for yesterday:
1) 27 minutes on the treadmill
2) positive changes
3) sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment